Monday, March 23, 2015

10 Planned Scratch Built HO Gauge Model Structures

Recently, while rummaging through the files of an old USB drive, I found this list of ten HO gauge structures I had planned to build from scratch. Although, I have no intention of building anything from this list at this time I thought it peculiar finding the list. I thought I would share it with you.

These structures could be built with the materials I have on hand. Perhaps, someday when my interests are drawn back to model railroading, I will build a few of these structures.

1. Stone Spring House
Cardboard sub-walls and roof, stone embossed sheet, plank door from the scrap box with shingled roof.
2. Tarpaper Shack
Cardboard sub-walls and roof, construction paper walls
3. Outhouse on Cement Slab
Board and Batten wood scraps on match stick foundation
4. Storage Tanks and Pump House on Cement Slab
Storage tanks: tape spools glued onto a polystyrene sheet
Pump House: Cardboard sub-walls and roof with brick embossed walls
Cement slab: Cardboard
5. Shingled Potting Shed on Cement Posts
Cardboard sub-walls and roof, construction paper shingles, on strip wood posts
6. Board and Batten Utility Building on Cement Slab
Board and batten plastic sheet, door and three windows from resource box
7. Chicken Coop on Stone Foundation
Scribed sheet, door built-up from Strathmore board, windows from resource box
8. Stone Smoke House
Cardboard sub walls, stone embossed sheet, plank door from the scrap box with shingled roof.
9. Clapboard Utility Building
Polystyrene Clapboard sheet, plastic door and windows (3) from resource box
10. Random Plank Board Barn
Polystyrene sheet, plastic windows, polystyrene “metal” roofing.

No comments:

Post a Comment