Sunday, January 3, 2016

Primed and Ready for Paint

I have the following miniatures primed and ready to receive paint, so why don’t I get on the ball? One reason is I forget about the miniatures or I get side-tracked with other projects. The biggest problem though is that I seem to get more out of the procurement than preparation of the procured.

This post will replace my customary “Projects For…” for some time to come. You can aspect a few additions to the list as I acquire new miniatures. In addition, my workbench is still cluttered with half complete projects that need my attention.

Qty
Size
of
Miniature
Manufacturer
Description
1
23mm
Bombshell
Miniatures
Eye Slug
1
17mm
Gremlin
1
11mm
Squidman
2
12mm
Tazjh Raptor Hatchlings
1
8mm
Monkey First Mate
1
20mm
Buckshot the Jack-a-lope
1
23mm
Games
Workshop
Powder Monkey
1
25mm
Blasted
Planets
Brain Siphon
(aka N'ood)
1
25mm
The Monk          
1
25mm
The Brotherhood: Assassin         
1
25mm
The Brotherhood: Arsonist
1
25mm
Space Vampire w/Needle Gun
1
28mm
Artizan Designs
Sky Pirates w/rifles (3)
1
28mm
Brigade Games
Alpha Unit w/pistol
17 total

I need a paradigm shift, a new reason for my purchases. Perhaps I should make it a goal that every miniature I purchase must have proposed purpose. For instance, these miniatures will be used in game play, or on some diorama. Collecting a particular miniature just because of its type or size or because of its aesthetic should become an nonviable proposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment