Sunday, June 5, 2022

I, Robot

"Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics"

  1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law."

Handbook of Robotics, 56th Edition, 2058 A. D.

I, Robot, Isaac Asimov, The New American Library, © 1956.


I know that I had read Isaac Asimov’s I Robot when I was still young, and now that I am reading it again, after all these years, I suspect I must have read in again since then. The stories within seem awfully familiar to me.

This volume is copyrighted March 1956 and although this collection-I, Robot is copyrighted by Asimov in 1950 the stories contained here had been copyrighted starting in 1940 and through 1950.

The book includes nine short stories: Robbie, Runaround, Reason, Catch that Rabbit, Liar!, Little Lost Robot, Escape, Evidence, and the Evitable Conflict. Susan Calvin, is a Robotpsychologist who had worked for U.S. Robotics for over fifty years, recalls the early days of Robotics.


"The Place is Earth

The year is 2058 A. D.

A time when robots are on the march!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment