This blog is mainly a place where I can record my current interests. It is also a place where I can showcase my current projects, obtain inspiration, keep track of suppliers, and the many other little things that make-up who I am and what I am presently about.
I don't know if you can get it over there Jan, but I've always sworn by the Humbrol putty, it's a neatral grey, there's a small amount of 'juice' when you first open it, but otherwise it's quite firm and workable, and drys quick enough for you to leave a 'toothpaste' string of it for a few minutes (on an old piece of card), then fashion very good sandbags. I tried the beige Testors once, (20/30 years ago) and it was like head-cold snot! And dried rough and frangible, the Humbrol can be locked with liquid poly bled into it.
But, I haven't tried any of the new ones, Humbrol was all there was, for years, until Hobby Craft or Antics got the Testors in!
I don't know if you can get it over there Jan, but I've always sworn by the Humbrol putty, it's a neatral grey, there's a small amount of 'juice' when you first open it, but otherwise it's quite firm and workable, and drys quick enough for you to leave a 'toothpaste' string of it for a few minutes (on an old piece of card), then fashion very good sandbags. I tried the beige Testors once, (20/30 years ago) and it was like head-cold snot! And dried rough and frangible, the Humbrol can be locked with liquid poly bled into it.
ReplyDeleteBut, I haven't tried any of the new ones, Humbrol was all there was, for years, until Hobby Craft or Antics got the Testors in!
H
Thank you. I will look into it. I formally used squadron putty, but I never liked it. It was hard to work with and you could not get it to smooth out.
ReplyDelete