Monday, May 24, 2021

Build a Chicken Coop Out of a 6 x 6”Square of Cardstock Challenge

I was rummaging through my windows and doors resource box looking for just right set of windows for a project I was working on and I came across this set of windows. I believe it was a Polo greenhouse kit (perhaps not). I took notice of the casting and I thought chicken coop. I finished my exploration, dropped the casting back into the box and went on to something else.

The other day after bringing in an item that was needed for my home I took note of a 150 x 150 mm piece of a 1mm cardstock. It had been part of the packaging. As always I grabbed it with the idea of storing away with my “paper” resources, but then decided that I might have need of it for a project. The project; I cannot say I remember what it was. I must have come-up with another solution for the project and so here again is that square of cardstock.

The structure will measure scale five foot wide by fifteen feet long. It will be topped with a flat shed roofed that will be eight foot high slopping down to seven feet. I will use the slightly modified plastic casting for the windows.

The challenge: to build the structure and its components from this one piece of cardstock. I believe I can get the sub-walls, doors, roof, flooring, and clapboard siding out of the one piece of cardstock. That is the challenge.

To be quite honest I am a little concerned on whether I will enough clapboard material to cover the whole structure. We will see. And of course I will need material the foundation and the roof itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment