Monday, November 29, 2021

A HO Gauge Tool Shed from the Scrap Bin

Is it any wonder I cannot seem to get what I start finished? The corrugated shed is just about completed; it needs a roof, and some weathering. Hopefully I can get this posted this month. I have been very busy these past few weeks; I am a bit behind with my posts this month.

The tool shed was fabricated from a 7 by 25.5 piece of scale board and batten, a small slab of scribed basswood and some basswood bracing, a piece of foam core, cardboard, some masking tape, and a piece of industrial towel. The structure measures approximately a scale 6 by 5.75’ in 1/87 scale.

The scrap piece of board and batten was cut into four equal widths, once the door way was cut out; the two side sections were braced and glued together using tacky-glue. I used masking tape on the inside of the door section before scribing. I found this keeps the very thin basswood from splintering while I am gingerly scoring the area for the door.

Once the glue had thoroughly dried I measured and cut a section of cardboard for the roof. I used the roof section as a guide for the piece of paper-towel, making sure that I made this piece slightly larger than it had to be. This particular paper towel has a pattern that very closely resembles shingles. I have used this technique before.


Satisfaction Scale: 4 out 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment