Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Building a Highly Distressed Shack

After viewing this ram-shackled shack on Pinterest, I knew I would have to create one for myself. I haven’t done enough deep digging to find the original picture online, but I do believe where it can be found, Although the image on Pinterest is not credited, it has a certain authors signature methods used in its creation. I will have to make an effort to find this project on his website.

I have started by scoring random width boards from 3” to 12” HO scale from some small Balsa slabs. These balsa bits measure a scale 5.5 by 14.25 feet. I like using balsa because it it very easy to distress.

I made sure to cut some irregular boards. So far I have used a razor saw to add grain to the boards. This left a lot fuzz, which I believe I will try to burn off by passing them through a candle. After that process is completed I will go back and add some splits to the boards and board ends and add some knot holes to a few boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment