Monday, August 2, 2021

Small Projects and Mystery Components

Some time ago I started sticking small components for my smaller projects into small or bank envelopes. I started doing this with those small paper structure projects, but soon I found myself doing the same for all sorts of small projects and materials. I was looking through my collection of envelopes and found that I rarely add any kind of note, diagram, or other illustration that indicates the use of the enclosed materials. I really do need to get into the habit of doing so. However, I did find this one included a small diagram of the proposed project.

Not that I should be looking for new projects to start, I already have an over abundence of half finished projects on my workbench. However this packet contains some interesting componets and the illustration is rather intriguing. What is it I don't know. A random piece of apparatus to be stuck in some scene crowded with much clutter. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to convincing.

It is a little hard to distugush the contents of the packet so I will list them here: several pieces of scrap styrene, two lenghts of stranded copper wire, a plastic stirer, and two lenghts of junk sprue leftovers. It looks like I have plenty of material for the project and some to spare.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a design for a heavy-duty winch Jan? Or a roll of barbed-wire down on t'farm!

    H

    ReplyDelete