Saturday, January 29, 2022

And the Work Goes On

Adding individual clapboards can be quite a tedious process, but it is a rather simple way to add dimension to an otherwise flat surface.

My addition is coming along; however I had to stop to cut a few more “clapboards”. I give these a good basecoat of “barn wood”. Once they are thoroughly dry I use a toothpick to apply a little white glue and stick the next “clapboard” on top of the last making sure I leave a little overlap on top.

I do try to keep everything parallel with the last board, but there have been times when the strip stuck to quickly to the sub-wall. If this happens I can either leave it has it is. Nothing in real life is perfect. Or I can try to hide the misaligned strip by the careful placement of the next strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment