Tuesday, April 12, 2016

1/87 Rusty Rail Log Cabin Ruin

The log cabin ruin has a lot of detail that are cast into this resin casting, including what is left of wood floor, trees, rocks and a discarded barrel. This Rusty Rail mini-scene measure 4" by 3" by 2". I did find a few small holes, left over from the casting process, which had to be filled with Squadron putty.

After the putty dried I sprayed painted the casting a flat white. After the under coat dried I started picking out different objects with splashes of color appropriate for the object. I followed this with some dry brushing and washes. I usually use light washes on dark colored objects and reverse the colors if I am painting a light colored object. Sometimes I will even go over an object with a second dry brush color.

I laid down a coat of diluted white glue, something like a four to one ratio. I sprinkled fine green blend and an earth blend turf on separate occasions. I fixed these areas with matte medium and then added course materials like green dyed saw dust, some very small gravel bits, and turf materials in a verity of textures and shades of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment