Saturday, April 1, 2023

The Trouble with Retro-fitting

I haven't had to many good experinces with retro-fitting while working in scale. In other words, realizing I made a mistake along the assembly stage, it isn't always easy to make something fit when it previsouly did not. And when designing you don't always know what is or what is not going to work.

I suppose it is best to try to foresee all possible outcomes, but how are you going to do that when you haven't gone down this road before? So that brings me to my latest update. Although I have most of the robots components worked out I still do not have a foolproof method for attaching the robots hands to its arms. My first attempt required a new set of robotic hands.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are fighting with the material constraints of reality, mate! I'm sure it'll all come together if you persevere!

    H

    ReplyDelete