Friday, September 12, 2014

A Comparative Review of 15mm Figures

Although I am considering purchasing a few 15mm miniatures for a diorama I am planning, up to this moment, I haven’t really given this sized miniature too much consideration. 15mm miniatures seem too small to handle. That is not just their physical size, but will be very hard to detail without some type of magnifier. I will let you know what my thoughts on this subject after I give them a try. However, a lot of war-gamers like this size because you can put large armies afield in a small space. Another benefit of 15mm is that they are readily available and they are usually more economical to purchase than miniatures in larger sizes.

David Kuijt’s has written a comparative review of the following 15mm miniature manufacturers: Essex, Irregular, Gladiator, Corvus Belli , Grumpy, AB, Battle Honors, Chariot, Falcon, Old Glory, Pass of the North, Mirliton, and Museum miniatures. All sorts of 15mm miniatures are reviewed and displayed.

There are lots of pictures; however some of the links for these images and some of other resource links are dead. Some prices are mentioned, but prices probably will have changed since author wrote the article back in 1998. However, even with the few dead links I still found the article informative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment