Monday, September 21, 2015

My Fall and Early Winter Reading List

It seems that I am to continue my reading of sea yarns and of pirates.  Within this list I have three novels by Captain Fredrick Marryat; two of those being sea yarns, and one being upon the War of Roses.  I have listed one title by Samuel Merwin, which tells a tale of the French and Indian War and one title by Brain Jacques, Mattimeo which I am looking forward to reading. It has been a while since I read anything in the Red Wall series.

Captain Marryat:
The Pirate
The Phantom Ship
The Children of the New Forest
It is set in the time of the English Civil War and the Commonwealth (War of the Roses).

Samuel Merwin:
The Road to Frontenac
A novel taking place during the French and Indian war. High adventure and intrigue.

Brian Jacques:
Mattimeo

Howard Pyle:
Book of Pirates (non fiction) (currently reading)

No comments:

Post a Comment