Thursday, September 16, 2021

The 6 x 6” Square of Cardstock Challenge

I initiated this project back in May of this year and probably got started in earnest in June and am just now completing my chicken coop. The idea was to create the structure totally out of one piece of cardstock that measured 6 by 6 inches. I was to use the same piece of cardstock for the sub-walls, clapboard siding, roof, floor, and door.

I did use a few strips of black construction paper for the roof and two wooded match sticks for the foundation. As a afterthought I am going to add Campbells corrugated material to the roof and weather these panels heavily.

As you can see, I weathered the structure heavily. I painted the completed structure with “Barn Wood” and then dry-brushed the “Wicker” white and then scrubbed it with white chalk. The door is scratch built and it was dry-brushed with in green, as were the windows. The windows if you remember are from some plastic kit that ended up in my box of the same.

I am looking forward to starting my next structure, a goods warehouse. It will be constructed from cardstock, embossed paper, and distressed wood panels. I made a post here that explained the inspiration for its creation and a few ideas I had for its construction.

Satisfaction Scale: 3 out 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment