Sunday, April 7, 2024

Fiddling Materials

One and three milimeter polystyrene bits.

I do use a lot of 1mm thick styrene, not for any real reason, I just have a lot of this sized material on hand. If thicker material is needed you can laminate several thiner sheets to the desired thickness.

I have seperated my plastic bits and have organized them by size. Since starting my RV project I have been using my leftovers for small details and greeble on my models.Outside of some trimings this small collection is all I have left of these smaller bits. I use these to fashion components for my models, such as applicators, hatches, and sensor fixtures.

One, two and a half, and three milimeter polystyrene bits.

I always start a new project with the right sized plastic sheets and usaully will cut something of from these leftover bits if I don't already have a piece at an appropriate size.

No comments:

Post a Comment