Thursday, April 11, 2024

RV # 5 and Bonus Unit Completed

A cake topper, if you will. Although I did create a sixth unit, displayed below, this is the last robot vermin in this series for a while. I have desinated this unit as a security drone. The drone started out as a plastic tube inside a floss container. The material in which it was manufactured was of some waxy type of plastic, which at first, I didn't believe regular model cement would adhere strips to the cylinder. So I started of using super glue which made the process too fiddly. Things went better when I started to use model cement. I glued scale 1/4 strips around the spools diameter. The bottom was wrapped with a band of very thin styrene and I added scratch built rivets. The topper is a mystry, a part from my greeble collection.

This unit is signal repeater which picks up signals from other devices, amplifies the signal and pushes it out to the corresponding device. There is also a small storage area of a terabyte or two. Operating systems and the small bit of data that might be found on each device are also stored here to help restore necessary files quickly.

2 comments: