Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Five HO Scale Horses Painted


I purchased these castings long ago so the manufacturer of these horses is a mystery to me. They are in 1/87-HO scale and cast in white metal. I was looking through an online catalog of Selley Finishing Touches’ detail parts the other day and noticed that they have a set of six horses available for sale. Three are grazing and three are standing. I have three grazing and two standing. Were my horse figures purchased from Selley? I did misplace one of the horses long ago? I suppose I will never really know where these figures originated, but they are now ready for that rural pasture scene.

4 comments:

  1. I like the way you set them in that scene. Very pastoral and natural looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne

      Thank you for your very kind remark!

      Jan

      Delete
  2. Agree with Anne !
    nice horses! the Selley collection is amazing !!
    It seems that's an old manufacturer (around 1960) fron the US (Pennsylvania)specialized in Rail-ways models and figures.

    I found a seller on e-bay, but I'm sure that it's possible to find some others!
    http://stores.ebay.com/T-J-Model-Trains-and-Things/Selley-Finishing-Touches-/_i.html?_fsub=2133976018

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam

    Thank you for your comment. I have just gotten into the world of minis, but my passion is really for model railroading.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete