Thursday, April 4, 2013

For Ye Names Sake

The name of my site-Ye Olde Site of Curiosities, as you have probably guessed is a reference to the classic from Charles Dickens – The Old Curiosity Shop. This classic is one of my favorite Dickens novels.

I was doing a vanity search the other day-you know –a vanity search is when you search for occurrences of your name and such. My search was for “Ye Olde Site of Curiosities”, the name of this site, and came up with pictures; yes the images that I have uploaded have been indexed by Google, as well as a post or two. That inflated my ego and that made me feel good. (“Vanity, vanity, all is vanity”.)

In addition, several references to the “Ye Olde Curiosity Shop” in Seattle, WA came up in my page of hits, by the way Google they came up before my pages-what gives? At any rate I was delighted to see someone else had the same idea as I had for the name of their site.

Ye Olde Curiosity Shop opened its doors over one hundred years ago and sell oddities like shrunken heads and other bric-à-brac. The shop is like a cross between a museum and curio shop. You can read all about the shop, view a vintage photo of the shop, or view a short video.

No comments:

Post a Comment