Wednesday, August 14, 2013

1/72 Revel Pirates of the Caribbean Ship

I was rummaging through a box of my un-built scale models and came across a copy of Revell’s Caribbean Pirate Ship. What caught my attention about the kit was its scale. Although I hadn’t purchased this kit because of its scale, the kit is modeled in 1/72 scale. 1/72 scale? That got me thinking. I wonder if there are any 1/72 pirate figures available to complete a scene.

Well there are, but before I mention where they can be found let me mention what I found out about the model. First of all Revell has its own product page, which includes a picture of a completed and painted model, and a downloadable instruction sheet.

In addition there is a YouTube video that introduces the view to the model and takes you through the process of building (through a time lapse video) and painting the model. I like Revell’s treatment of the model better. I will let the video do the introduction; the video will do a more thorough job than I can.

As far as 1/72 figures, although there seems to be couple options for pirate figures (Mars and Germania Figuren) there is only one set that meets my needs and are readily available, that is Germania Figuren’s , 72-8003, their Pirates of the Caribbean Set 3. There are six figures that are posed like they are doing something on deck. This set of figures has been reviewed by the Plastic Soldier Review. The only source for these figures that I could find was the Michigan Toy Company.

4 comments:

  1. Now who doesn't like pirates? Love the look of the ship too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see this post !
    Great idea !
    for the figures, you can find them in the Germania web-shop :
    http://www.germania-figuren.com/1/72-Figures-from-Resin/1/72-Germania-Figures/Pirats-of-the-Caribian:::327_261_335.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam

    I appreciate the link. I will need to look into this source.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete