Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thrilling Tales 28mm Figures- Big Joe and Company

Artizan Designs offers a large collection of pulp figures that the people from Artizan call their Thrilling Tales line. According to the people at Artizan the collection of figures is not related to the Thrilling Tales site or game. The collection was named to “convey the spirit of the range”. The Thrilling Tales collection includes 227 products and figures can be purchased separately or in sets of three.

I just received my first set of Thrilling Tales figures “Big Joe and Company”. The figures have a lot of great detail and I look forward to adding to my growing collection of 28mm miniatures. What caught my eye with these miniatures was that one of the miniatures reminded me of Donald Sutherland. I wondered whether the three miniatures were not somehow connected to the movie “Kelly’s Heroes”. Kelly’s Heroes a WWII flick that stars, Sutherland, Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Don Rickles, and Carroll O’Connor.

Clint Eastwood-private Kelly (a former officer who was just busted to a private because of some misadventure) after learning about a shipment 15 million in gold that is sitting in a bank behind enemy lines, goes AWHOL to go after the gold. All types of Army units are drawn in to this caper, by the promise of getting a share or this gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment