Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Collingwood verses Verne

After reading Harry Collingwood’s “The Pirate Island, a Story of the South Pacific”, I was tempted to continue reading from Collingwood’s collection of novels. The Project Guntenberg offers a large list of Collingwood’s literature. I was especially interested in the mention of Collingwood’s “A Story of the Russo-Japanese War”, one of the few stories written about this era and his “With Airship and Submarine”, which seems to me like a pre-steampunk genre.

Although Collingwood’s novels are begging to be read they will have to wait until I read another of Jules Verne’s. I have wanted to get through as many of his texts from his Voyages Extraordinaires, so I am now reading Verne’s Master of the World. The text can be found here as an epub, or as a LibriVox recording. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment