Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Two Sources for Resin and Metal Model Kits

Although these suppliers may be known to some of you they are new to me. I am always looking for something unique to build and these two sites provide a lot fodder.

S & S Model Shop

S & S Model Shop features resin models that include some cast pewter parts in 1/72 (25mm) and 1/60 (28mm) scale/sizes. There is 1/60, 28mm Universal Carrier that caught my eye. I have been looking for a Universal Carrier in this scale for a diorama I am planning. The scene would include this carrier and a set of 28mm miniatures (Big Joe and Company) from Artizan Designs Thrilling Tales series.

SHQ Miniatures

SHQ Miniatures offers a full line of 20 and 25mm miniatures, from multiple eras and ranges. All SHQ Miniatures are cast in pewter. SHQ Miniatures offers miniatures and many WWII vehicles. I was especially draw to their 20mm range of obscure WWII fighting vehicles from countries like Italy and Poland. SHQ also supplies a few sets of Italian infantry in 20mm that would be a great complement to their Carro Armato L6/40 Light Tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment